Official Press Kit
38.5K Instagram Followers
19.6K TikTok Followers
3K Spotify Followers
2.7K Spotify Monthly Listeners
BEATING MYSELF DOWN
New Video from the EP "Shadows Exposed"
Few modern day popular music artists are as all-genre encompassing as Polychuck.
A great guitar shredder since the age of only 13, Montreal artist Polychuck is now an innovative and ever-maturing singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, producer and high profile guitar coach who's ready to take the rock world by storm with multiple singles and a his new EP, ‘Shadows Exposed.’
With roots firmly planted in his hometown's rock and metal scenes while possessing a musical curiosity matching his unbridled talent, Polychuck has sincerely embraced a wide variety of genres ranging from extreme metal to electro-pop, with ventures in alternative rock, urban trap beats, synth pop and folk.
Polychuck's fascinating musical and personal journey is chronicled in singles such as "Nailed to the X", a celebration of the artist's straight edge lifestyle hailed by numerous blogs, including B-Sides and Badlands.
Now going back to his rock and metal roots with brand new singles "In The Dark" and "Exposure", Polychuck aims to take his music to a whole new level and leave an undeniable, lasting, mark of his own in the realm of rock music.
1. Beating Myself Down – “The light hearted song with a very sad message...this one is a satirical caricature of the emo movement. It has the most technically difficult guitar solo of all 5 songs!”
2. Exposure – “Featuring a solid guitar solo, 2000's-style turntable sounds and metal drums, this alternative/rap rock song is an anthem on broken trust.”
3. In the Dark - Inspired by Bring Me The Horizon, Linkin Park and ‘Issues’-era Korn, all while adding my own personal spin, it's a contemporary alt/pop rock sound from an interesting and unique angle, catchy with simple lyrics but still edgy and original. The instrumentation and arrangements are current yet the composition and lyrics harken back to a 2000's alternative sound and spirit.
4. Driving Me Mad – “I get influences from literally everywhere. This one is my EDM inspired rock track. Blending together very modern guitar tones and dance music keyboard lines.”
5. Lights Out – “The « rock » version of a previously released song. Every rock album needs its power ballad, doesn’t it? This one is an 80s glam rock inspired one. An emotional song about overcoming obstacles of life and rising through adversity.”
The multi-talented Polychuck played, produced, recorded and mastered everything that you hear on the EP, and has amassed an impressive arsenal of instruments that he utilized – a Suhr Modern (desert gradient finish) on all tracks (solos), Guerilla 7 string hand built in Canada (dark cyan finish) on "In the Dark," or his LTD EC-1000 (white) on all tracks except "In the Dark.”
Additionally, Polychuck has been training in MMA and Muay Thai for 4 years. He has never competed in major pro level fights, but he does participate in some underground (so-called "smokers") fights. These fights are not officially legalized, but rather in a grey zone. Polychuck also teaches guitar professionally, including to some established players in established bands.
With most modern artists sounding quite one-dimensional, predictable, and same-sounding as their competition, the hard-to-pin-down Polychuck is a most welcome arrival on the music scene, as heard throughout ‘Shadows Exposed.’
Media downloads are for promotional use only. All rights reserved.
Bring Me The Horizon
Suhr Modern (thornebucker pickups, desert gradient finish)
LTD deluxe EC-1000 (white, EMG 81-85 pickups)
Guerilla sr7hms 7stringz (Darkcyan, Fishman fluence pickups)
Marshall DSL 100 JCM2000
Marshal Plexi SLP 1959 100w
Marshal cab 4x12 1960 (Celestion V30 speakers)
Fender Blues Junior II black
PEDALS & FX
Ibanez Tube screamer ts9
MXR distortion plus
MXR carbon copy delay
Slate digital TH-U plugin